I'm in UR stash kn1tting UR n0r0

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

February Episode 2: Attack of the Blankie

The February chapter held one large project, a square shawl, which turned into a blanket because I opted for stripes instead of a lace motif. If I had thought to look ahead to April and see that whole month is a blanket project, I think I would have chosen to ditch the square shawl and try the double knitting project. But we've been using the blanket quite a lot, so I guess I don't really regret it. I knit it somewhat smaller than suggested, EZ suggests 800 stitches (knit in the round), but I stopped at about 500. It's a fine size for covering up a baby in a sling as we walk around in the chilly spring air.

I like how the corners turned out, with the color from one stripe sort of travelling up to the next stripe. I used recylced yarn, and yarn from my Modern Lace Henley, and the purple was left over from child's boot socks. Can you spot the non-matching dye lot? The very last row of purple doesn't quite match!

The knit-on garter stitch border felt like it took forever, and I forgot the miter the corners. But I think it turned out fine anyway.

It's simple, but quite pretty I think.

No really, she loves it.


No comments: