I'm in UR stash kn1tting UR n0r0

Saturday, November 10, 2007

p0matømUs



Mitts modified from Cookie A.'s Pomatomus. Not my idea. Koigu KPPPM in some color or other. I really do love this pattern. As usual, there are things I would change after seeing the product. Mine ended up too large. I did want them to be long, but they are too wide really. I wish they were more hugging. Maybe taking out one of the pattern sections (there are 6) would be enough. I started at the elbow with 2.25 mm needles and switched to 2 mm for the wrist and hand. This did bring in the width a bit, but not enough really. I also decreased right before the final ribbing section. And I took the easy way out and didn't knit individual fingers.

2 comments:

Sally Deck said...

Can you felt them a little bit? I guess you'd lose the lace pattern if you did that... Speaking of "lace", I finished my turkish lace scarf! ;)

Lara said...

these are so on my to-knit list. And I think leaving out individual fingers keeps your hands warmer and more able to do things...like knit in a cold winter house...anyway! nice work!