I'm in UR stash kn1tting UR n0r0

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Izab3llz

Here's one side of Isabella from this summer's knitty. I just finished it, and was starting work at the other side. It was a satisfying piece of work, interesting but not too fiddly.

As usual, I made lots of little changes to the pattern. I always think this will make me feel more in control of the project, but instead I usually feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants. I put vents at the hemline, lengthened the hemline a bit, added short row shaping in the bust and I plan on adding sleeves. Maybe I'll finish it sometime this summer...


It's cotton "Heklegarn" -- crochet yarn, fingering weight, using 2.00 mm needles.

1 comment:

Lara said...

nice to see your work in progress! I am determined to design a summer top for myself and to try out the short row shaping in the bust area so I might be sending you 'help me!' emails sometime this week or next... I miss the crafting with you girls!