I'm in UR stash kn1tting UR n0r0

Monday, April 16, 2007

These are some pants I experimented with knitting this winter. The blue ones were from the knitty.com pattern "Blu" but sized up because my little one isn't so little. It had a 2-inch turnable cuff, to turn down when he grows, but as you can see he grew in between me measuring him and finishing the darned pants, so the cuffs were immediately turned down. They were a little tight in the bum, but he likes em.




The stripey ones used self-striping yarn, which usually doesn't come in colors I don't hate. But I found a nice blue combo, so I gave it a go for the baby girl pants. I made the waistband and the ankles in cotton yarn. This was sized up from a diaper-soaker-longies pattern I got a long time ago. I should have put shortrow shaping in the butt or just knit it up further because it really pulls down at the center seam. Why the heck wasn't a diaper cover designed with a fuller butt?

No comments: