I'm in UR stash kn1tting UR n0r0

Friday, July 31, 2009

June Round Up

Added to the June pile: Ganomy


Knit in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, a very servicable nice wool. I held it double to closer match the stated guage in the pattern which is rather large. I did run out of yarn for the last few yards, so I used a matching green bit I had left over from something else. I rather liked the method for making the little bobble at the top. It's a nice alternative to pom-poms, tassles, or just a bare peak. I didn't use a ping-pong ball as suggested, but just a little leftover ball of somethig-or-other.



I added a line of embroidery just above the brim in green, to match the top of the bobble. All in all: a simple, solid pattern that I would be happy to knit again.

---

Also knit in June, but not yet photographed: a mini fisherman's hat that is totally adorable on a baby head.

No comments: