I'm in UR stash kn1tting UR n0r0

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mayday!


from the Knitter's Almanac, Norwegian mittens; a fun and satisfying knit, once I got back into the swing of colorwork and started using 2 circular needles instead of dpns. I used Rauma Finullgarn which was fairly soft and not-scratchy compared to other Rauma wools. I chose oatmeal and brown, and the look is decidedly Norwegian. There's just one hitch, though...



"Mayday! Mayday! I wonder why it's 'Mayday'. The distress call. Why d'you say 'Mayday?' It's only a Bank Holiday. Why not 'Shrove Tuesday' or 'Ascension Sunday?' [Mimics] Ascension Sunday! Ascension Sunday! The fifteenth Wednesday after Pentecost! The fifteenth Wednesday after Pentecost!"

(10 points if you get the reference)

I knit two right mittens. Instead of pulling out the 2nd mitten, I'm just going to knit two lefts. At some point.

1 comment:

Emma said...

This is such a classic! I always do this!