I'm in UR stash kn1tting UR n0r0

Friday, April 18, 2008

Tough Love



This yarn was frogged from my earliest sock attempt -- I bought the yarn in Germany and got about 3 inches before I set it aside for a few years and moved back to the States. The next time I picked it up, I decided the colorwork pattern was beautiful but too inflexible and small for me. I managed to try it on once, then had to frog it off my foot! I took pictures... I might be able to scare them up some day.

Grumperina's epiphany about spirals really struck me, and I thought it would be the perfect color play for my old favorite yarn. I had hoped that my subsequent (10 years') experience as a knitter would make this sock more wearable than the original incarnation... but that eternal hope-spring is all dried up.

I think my cast on of 62 was too much. Me and my loose knitting. I like this yarn a lot, though, it's been with me for a long time. And I can't make something not perfect with it, so... Tough love is a frog.



No comments: