I'm in UR stash kn1tting UR n0r0

Friday, March 7, 2008

Entrelac Roolz


For some reason I really dragged my feet on finishing these (no pun intended… really). I carried around the two, with only the kitchnering to do, for like 3 days. Finally I finished and I love them! I think I was procrastinating because I didn’t want to face the fact that they were actually a little too large. But, with the 6-stitch-block thing, it’s kind of hard to get a fine gradation in sizing.



Plus I think I’m just not expereinced enough with socks to tell early-on what’ll be too big for me. That, and my crazy super-loose knitting. I don’t know what’s up with loosey goosey me.



  Anyway. I haven’t blocked them yet, and I’m hoping that will make some magic happen. As it is, they slouch a bit (unless I actually have my legs up in the air admiring the socks, or it's seconds after I just pulled them up), and the heel is a bit poofified now and then. But you know what? I love the colors so much, and I love the look of the entrelac so much, and I loved knitting them so much, that I can accept the slight not-exactly-perfectness of them. And hope that blocking will save the day. Yay for me.

(P.S. it's Annetrelac, in Regia Desgin Kaffee Fassett)

2 comments:

Sally Deck said...

Dude. You rule. Your socks kick the ass of any other socks. And if you wear them over a pair of tights (you must still do that - living where it's so crazy cold), I bet they'll stay put. :)

dominiqueknitting said...

really nice socks ! As it happens I am knitting the same socks with the same yarn. I restarted them, because they were too loose. Now I am knitting on 2mm needles. I am dominique003 on ravelry.