I'm in UR stash kn1tting UR n0r0

Sunday, June 10, 2007

ColourMart Swatches: Cashmere

Here are the cashmere yarns.

This is the 8/14NM cashmere aran weight, prewash. Lovely to knit, very soft, beautiful hand. I think it was very well suited to the cable or other textural stitches. The color isn't exactly what I would choose for myself, though! I think it was "cyclamen".








This is after washing. You can see it puffed up a bit (I think they say "bloom") and it's much softer and fuzzier. I love this yarn.
You can see the yarn ends here -- it was actually a pretty splitty yarn to knit, the yarn being made by twisting 2 strands of laceweight and then twisting 4 strands of the resulting yarn together. Still a pleasure to knit.






I tried to get a side shot to show the fuzziness of the yarn. Look at that depth! I would love a sweater of this stuff!











This was dk weight 100% cashmere 2/7NM color crocus mix. Prewashing, it was soft enough. I loved the color combinations in this heathered yarn. Light purples, pinks, and reds. Not normally what I'd choose, but I found it really charming.









After washing, this yarn was gorgeous! I tried to capture the puffiness in the picture. Now I see why they say "bloom"! Truly lovely and soft.












This is 4/14NM 100% cashmere double twist in brume. I felt like this yarn was kind of boring. Grey heathered with some darker greys and black. Hand was ok, resulting fabric ok, nothing spectacular. Probably my least favorite yarn that I swatched from ColourMart.

Here's the grey cashmere after washing. It bloomed some, but not as beautifully as the crocus one.

1 comment:

Sally Deck said...

My god you are knitting up a storm! Since when do you know how to knit such gorgeous lace? How the hell can you keep track of a pattern AND two small children?!!! You never cease to amaze me!